HF Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HFFG), headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada, is a leading marketer and distributor of fresh produce, frozen and dry food, and non-food products to primarily Asian/Chinese restaurants and other foodservice customers throughout the United States. With 17 distribution centers strategically located throughout the nation, HF Foods Group aims to supply the increasing demand for Asian American restaurant cuisine.
Capitalizing on its deep understanding of the Chinese culture and with over 1,000 employees supported by two outsourced call centers in China, HF Foods Group has become a trusted partner serving more than 15,000 Asian restaurants in 46 states and provides round-the-clock sales and service support to its customers who mainly converse in Mandarin or Chinese dialects.
The primary function of this position is to ensure safety compliance for all locations and manage worker compensation. The Safety and Worker Compensation Manager will develop, coordinate, and implement occupational health policies and procedures to promote and ensure effective safety operations in the organization. The ideal candidate must have experience handling workers’ compensation cases and extensive knowledge of current company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Reviews accident and incident reports.
- File worker compensation claims, including compiling all records needed for carriers and third parties
- Reviews and follows-up on all work-related and workers’ compensation incident or accident reports
- Manages all records related to work-related injuries required by local, state, and federal laws.
- Ability to travel to sites to conduct safety inspections.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
· Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, Environmental Health, or related field required.
· At least five years of occupational health and safety experience in a warehousing environment required.
· Risk management, insurance, or legal experience
· Bilingual Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Accurate decision-making skills with regards to moderately complex situations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
· Proficient with MS Office and Adobe
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of records, proprietary and sensitive information
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office and warehouse environment
- Occasional periods of standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Required wearing of appropriate PPE
- Exposure to hot/cold weather and loud noises in a warehouse environment
- Frequent computer and telephone use
- Frequent communication with people throughout the day
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
HF Foods Group emphasizes and provides equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $149,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rowland Heights, CA 91748: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Occupational health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Chinese (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Safety and Worker Compensation Manager job details loaded
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.